A Recovery Blog

This blog is about my continuing recovery from severe mental illness and addiction. I celebrate this recovery by continuing to write, by sharing my music and artwork and by exploring Buddhist and 12 Step ideas and concepts. I claim that the yin/yang symbol is representative of all of us because I have found that even in the midst of acute psychosis there is still sense, method and even a kind of balance. We are more resilient than we think. We can cross beyond the edge of the sane world and return to tell the tale. A deeper kind of balance takes hold when we get honest, when we reach out for help, when we tell our stories.

Monday, January 6, 2014

Song: "Down"

Down

Take a few steps back                
And soak up the view.                          
Look for the path                              
That winds down the mountain.          
Down, down, down, go down.   (x2)          

To see the view from the valley  
Where the farmers till their soil    
To get your hands all dirty      
In the freedom of the toil.    
Go down, down, down, go down.  (x2)    

It’s too high up here    
And I can’t fly down.    
I’ve seen what I came to see,  
I have looked all around    
And I’ve carried my heart with me
Through the journey        
And now there’s no where else to go  
But down.    

Put one step in front of the other    
Hold fast to your heart    
Keep it together  
You can work your way down
Through any kind of weather  
And once you hit bottom,    
It will get better and better.  

Go down.      

Play Song

No comments: