A Recovery Blog

This blog is about my continuing recovery from severe mental illness and addiction. I celebrate this recovery by continuing to write, by sharing my music and artwork and by exploring Buddhist and 12 Step ideas and concepts. I claim that the yin/yang symbol is representative of all of us because I have found that even in the midst of acute psychosis there is still sense, method and even a kind of balance. We are more resilient than we think. We can cross beyond the edge of the sane world and return to tell the tale. A deeper kind of balance takes hold when we get honest, when we reach out for help, when we tell our stories.

Friday, May 16, 2008

Pre-Psychosis Painting


I painted this a little over ten years ago, a few months before I became psychotic. Never did name it...

4 comments:

nancy said...

Kate,

You are so talented. What a beautiful painting!!! The blue color evokes a mood and I feel I know you through your art. I hope one day we will meet.

Nancy

Chris said...

Kate,

Beautiful, just beautiful.

Could you please e-mail privately because I want to e-mail you a message and I don't know what your current e-mail is. You can contact me at christina.bruni1@gmail.com

Thanks.

Enjoy your day.

Peace,
Chris

Anonymous said...

Hi Kate,

So glad you blog address came up in my bookmarks. Now I can see what you're up to. It's good to see your work posted on site. You are truelly talented and I can't wait to see the batik.

Jeni

Anonymous said...

WOW! Kate, not only did I love this picture but your watercolors of Joe were just spectacular. I can't wait to scroll down to see it posted...I am doing so now. even I speak...I'll comment more there. YOu are so amazingly talented!

Pam