A Recovery Blog

This blog is about my continuing recovery from severe mental illness and addiction. I celebrate this recovery by continuing to write, by sharing my music and artwork and by exploring Buddhist and 12 Step ideas and concepts. I claim that the yin/yang symbol is representative of all of us because I have found that even in the midst of acute psychosis there is still sense, method and even a kind of balance. We are more resilient than we think. We can cross beyond the edge of the sane world and return to tell the tale. A deeper kind of balance takes hold when we get honest, when we reach out for help, when we tell our stories.

Monday, July 16, 2007

MacJournal Test


I just downloaded a new program called the MacJournal. I got the idea to do it from Hilary who is a firm believer in organizing her I Ching readings. The program allows me to create as many journals as I want with a searchable database. So far I have a regular journal, an I Ching journal, a song writing journal and a Yin And Yang journal. Supposedly I can write in my Yin and Yang journal and then post it in my blog and this is what I’m going to be testing out tonight. This will take a lot of pressure off writing because I won’t have to be online to do it, so I can touch base with it more easily throughout the day. Also I’ll have a copy of it for myself instead of having to print out from the web pages.

This program also can create an audio file, or at least I hope it can. It’s like having my very own podcast so I can speak or read poetry or play a song or whatever and pass it on to you. For the last half hour I’ve been trying to come up with something to record. I have some old songs, a poem or I could read from a book or play a song by a favorite artist or just rap. There are a lot of possibilities. But for now I’m just going to test it out to see if I can do it. I just recorded the Beatles doing Taxman. It’s one of my favorite songs. I can still add images I’ve found on the web here but when I try to add my photos they are way too big. I’m definitely doing something wrong but I’m not sure what yet. It would be great if I could post pictures too along with the audio. I’m so computer illiterate but maybe I’ll figure it out.






No comments: